For managers in today’s business world, it’s essential to have a working knowledge of finance. We all play a role in our organization’s financial health, whether we realize it or not. If you don’t have training or a background in finances, you may be at a disadvantage as you sit around the management table. Understanding the cycle of finance will help you figure out where you fit into your company’s financial structure, and how to keep your department out of the red. This workshop will familiarize you with the key concepts of finance and accounting and help you prepare budgets with more confidence. At the conclusion of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Assess the financial performance and health of your firm.
• Enhance your decision-making skills by integrating financial management concepts into your thinking.
• Assess various software applications for managing finances.
• Control the flow of money through your department.
• Understand the budgeting process and forecasting techniques.
What You Will Cover:
-Your role in company finances
-Assets, liabilities, and equity
-Accounts payable and receivable
-Understanding financial statements
-Budgeting and forecasting techniques
-Types of budgets
-Comparing software applications
-Tracking business expenses
-The human side of finances
-How to make good financial decisions
-Comparing investment opportunities