This workshop concentrates on the pre-interview preparation; developing questions and their value; the interview techniques that get specific, behavior-based examples of past performance; and the strategies that follow through on this process. This workshop takes the behavioral interview even further with a discussion of communication techniques and the use of other types of interview questions. How You will Benefit:
• Recognize the costs incurred by an organization when a wrong hiring decision is made.
• Develop a fair and consistent interviewing process for selecting employees.
• Prepare better job advertisements and use a variety of markets.
• Be able to develop a job analysis and position profile.
• Use traditional, behavioral, achievement oriented, holistic, and situational interview questions.
• Enhance communication skills that are essential for a skilled recruiter.
• Effectively interview difficult applicants.
• Check references more effectively.
• Understand the basic employment and human rights laws that can affect the hiring process.
What You Will Cover:
-The cost of hiring errors
-Why use behavioral interview techniques
-How to get the information you need
-Writing the interview questions
-Defensible resume screening
-Developing an effective interview format
-Ethical and legal issues
-Asking questions and listening for answers