Recruiting and hiring staff is an expensive process. It is a huge investment in time and money for both the company as a whole and the individuals who are doing the hiring. However, the old adage of “work smarter, not harder” still applies. This session will teach you how to effectively recruit and hire individuals with as little disruption to your normal work routine as possible.
How You Will Benefit:
• You will know the critical factors involved in the hiring and selection process and your role as a manager.
• You will recognize the costs incurred by an organization when a wrong hiring decision is made.
• You will develop a fair and consistent interviewing process for selecting employees.
• You will be able to prepare better job advertisements.
• You will be able to develop a job analysis and position profile.
• You will be able to check references more effectively.
• You will understand how important an orientation program is and the key characteristics of the effective ones.
What You Will Cover:
The recruitment and selection process overview
Factoring in the hiring process
Job analysis and position profiles
Advertising the job position
Candidate screening processes
Behavioural interviewing techniques
Characteristics of successful orientation programs
The importance of perception