This is a one-day workshop for those who already are good writers. Our time will be devoted to writing letters of recommendation, of persuasion, of refusal or of action, that reflect current word usage and up-to-date formats. You can also become more skilled at writing business cases, proposals and reports, and learn a bit more about e-mail etiquette.
How You Will Benefit:
• Discuss your writing challenges.
• Learn how to make your writing clear, concise, and correct.
• Improve sentence construction and paragraph development.
• Identify some ways to make your writer simpler and easier to read.
• Learn about a tool that can determine how readable your work is.
• Develop effective business letters for tough situations.
• Discuss e-mail etiquette.
• Develop an appropriate writing style and format for your letters, business cases, and reports.
• Recognize standard ways of documenting materials.
What You Will Cover:
How to make your writing clear, concise, and correct
Types of words and when to use them
Using inclusive language
Seven ways to simplify your writing
Sentence and paragraph construction
Business letter formats
How to write a report or proposal
How to write a business case
How to write a request for proposals