People who can master the art of negotiation find they can save time, save money, develop a higher degree of satisfaction with outcomes at home and at work, and earn greater respect in the workplace.
Negotiating is a fundamental fact of life at any level. Whether you are working on a project or fulfilling support duties, this two day workshop will provide you with a basic comfort level to negotiate with both internal and external clients. This interactive workshop includes techniques to promote effective communications and gives you techniques for turning face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving.
How You Will Benefit:
• Understand how often we all negotiate and the benefits of good negotiation skills.
• Recognize the importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
• Identify the various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages.
• Develop strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics.
• Gain skill in developing alternatives and recognizing options.
• Have the opportunity to practice the “how to” of these skills in a supportive environment.
• Understand basic negotiation principles, including BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA.
What You Will Cover:
-What is Negotiation?
-The Successful Negotiator
-Preparing for Negotiation
-The Nuts and Bolts
-Making the Right Impression
-Getting off to a Good Start
-The Bargaining Stage
-Inventing Options for Mutual Gain
-Getting Past No and Getting to Yes
-Dealing with Negative Emotions
-Moving from Bargaining to Closing
-The Closing Stage