Delegation is often one of the hardest skills for a manager to master. However, the skill can be learned. This one-day workshop will explore many of the facets of delegation: when to delegate, and who to delegate to. We will also go through the delegation process step by step, to see where the pitfalls lie, and what we can do about getting around them.
How You Will Benefit:
• Clearly identify how delegation fits into your job and how it can make you more successful.
• Identify different ways of delegating tasks.
• Use an eight-step process for effective delegation.
• Give better instructions for better delegation results.
• Ask better questions and listen more effectively.
• Recognize common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them.
• Test your delegation skills.
What You Will Cover:
-What is delegation?
-Picking the right person
-The delegation meeting
-Levels of authority
-Becoming a good delegator