The job market continues to change, as does the way we look for work. This course examines the value of presenting yourself as a complete package by using a resume as an introduction to an employer and backing it up with a portfolio presented at the interview.
In order to make the most of this course, participants need to have recently completed the Starting Your Job Search workshop, or identified target positions and completed a full skills assessment and goal setting exercise. How You Will Benefit:
• Learn how to describe yourself using descriptive language.
• Explore the essential elements of cover letters and resumes.
• Understand the need for pre-employment testing and what to expect in your target market.
• Design a personalized portfolio.
• Develop a plan that moves you to a new job within 60 days.
What You Will Cover:
-Who are You?
-Writing the Resume
-Creating a Noticeable Package
-Getting into the Flow
-Refining and Perfecting
-Dealing with Awkward Points
-Getting to a New Job in 60 Days
-Thank You Notes